Educated at Elliott School, Putney. Graduated from the Royal Academy of Music where his studied opera and piano; won two prizes for his work with opera and English song. He is also a writer who has written books of poetry and a music method for teaching children and adults how to play musical instruments.
JLH has obtained the Royal Schools of Music grade 8 on piano, clarinet and voice, and has studied guitar and saxophone. He has two degrees in Computer Science and IT Engineering. For a number of years, he studied in Paris with Marie-Henriette Dejean at the Institute International Vocal D'Art Dejean. His book Copenhagen 32 Poems: Cafes, bars and restaurants is now on sale in Copenhagen, and is available on-line.
At present he is:
- Writer, teacher and teacher trainer for the Harman Music Methods®
- IT systems developer for the music framework
- Writer, and composer on a new music drama
- Professional Certificate : Royal Academy of Music, London (RAM)
- Robert Radford Prize : RAM
- Dorothy Pattison Prize : RAM
- Clarinet: Grade 8 : The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM)
- Piano: Grade 8 : ABRSM
- Voice: Grade 8 : ABRSM
- Computer Science (AP Degree)
- IT Engineering (Bachelor of Engineering)